Zombie Concepts
There were sooo many zombie concepts and all of them contributed to the design from what clothes, how much clothes and what we aren't going to have. Ruth's
Here are some of them, Ruth's zombies I think were the most well received. Very much showing us that they are zombies but the fungal growths really made it our zombies. I think they are different enough that they don't scream its been done before but also they aren't too different to the point where we start loosing the zombie feeling and start going into other groups of monsters. I think somewhere in the middle of her drawings is where our "main" zombie should be.
Elizabeth's
Liz's concept was done while we were talking which to me is damned impressive and it showed me that not all fungal extrusions are gross. Before i wanted nothing sticking out of the body because i feel like it would look less threatening and if these things are to move around in the city i feel like these things would get broken off. That said the eye to chest vine fungus is awesome. Not a huge fan of the growths on the back but i actually like the leg fungus.
Radcliffe's
Radcliffe's zombie is a good concept for something more feral and quick. I'm not sure that i want something like this personally because I feel that humans wouldn't regress to an ape form because our structure just isn't meant for that anymore. Again, that said maybe we could work on something like this after we're done this shot.
Dave's
Dave's concepts were all good but this one was the one that I liked the most, now I don't think that most of zombies would have this much clothes on them. This one though would be cool if the main character thought he died and was just a corpse laying there and then started moving at the last second. Also his other concepts helped us decide on how much clothes we want there to be on our main zombie.
Stroh's
Stroh's inexplicable hate for noses and fetish for Voldemort (Ha Voldemort is a word in the online dictionary) . I like the fungus on the head and neck, the mouth is awesome, the nose slits I'm not a huge fan of but some variation of this would probably work. The left eye I defiled in photoshop to show what kind of eyes I had in mind but also I left Strohs original right eye because it looks pretty cool too.






No comments:
Post a Comment